Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

Just have a question there is a date on the box that saids

Customer Question

hello just have a question there is a date on the box that saids STATEMENT IN THIS BOX APPLIES ONLY TO JUDMENT OF DISSOLUTION . so does that means that I'm devorce?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no my ex did all the paper work
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am an attorney with experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today. Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed herein; and by continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and other site disclaimers. What else does the document state?

Is it a form FL-190?

If it is a FL-190 form, that is the Notice of Entry of Judgment. If box one is checked, then your divorce is over. If box two is checked, you are divorced, but there are outstanding issues to be decided. If box three is checked, then you are not divorce, but other issues have been decided. Here is FL-190 Form. The box in the middle of the page is what I think you are referring to. If box one or two above that is checked, then you are divorced and the box in the middle of the page just says that you cannot remarry until the effective date of the divorce or termination of the marriage. I hope this helps.

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required but is always appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any additional related questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so that I will be paid for my time assisting you today. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the rating section above so I do appreciate a positive rating before you leave the website. THANK YOU VERY MUCH