How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40018
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to talk to someone about filing a motion in Michigan

This answer was rated:

I need to talk to someone about filing a motion in Michigan for re-evaluation of parenting time.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we currently have an order that states that she is to go to her fathers every other weekend from Saturday at 11am till Sunday at 3pm
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My daughter is not doing well with the over night stay and I have taken her to the doctors for evaluation after each visit to her fathers.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

How old is the child, was this a recent change, give me more information here please, thanks.

Here is forms, self help, law, etc.

Be happy to chat more here, thanks.

More cases here to give you an idea of what the courts apply to your motion

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my child is 8 months old. she has had 3 visits with her father and each time she has come back to me where she will not let me leave the room without her crying, she will not sleep without me holding her, and she is very insecure. I have taken her into the doctors and reported the changes to her. I don't want to take his parenting time away just the overnight visits at this time.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
am I able to file this motion without a lawyer or should I use a lawyer to file this motion?
Also, he is texting me 2-3 times daily and gets unruly when I do not text him back. Do I need to text him back if it does not regard our daughter or if there is not a change in our daughters well being?

It is possible to take this back to court to modify the overnights.The other parent might get more day time visitation to compensate.I get that 8 months very young child.If these are the only 3 times the other parent has had child overnight in its life you have good argument to back this off.You can file it yourself if you choose.You decide whether you want to text him knowing he likely tries to use it against you.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had a re-evaluation for parenting time set for November 15 but now they are changing it to sometime in December. Can I still file a motion for changing his parenting time to no over nights or will it just be said to wait until the re-evaluation of parenting time?