MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

What do I do if a court order for visitation is in place for

Customer Question

What do I do if a court order for visitation is in place for my visitationwith my Granddaughter is has been written and her custodial parent is not following the judges order? I filed contempt. The hearing was set for this Aug. but it got changed to this Oct. 6. The court sent a regular letter to The Dad and he sent it back to the court so they deemed it as He did not know the new date. Now the judges schedule is full till the end of Dec. and a new judge will take her place. I have not seen my grandaughter since June!since
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, there is really nothing that can be done until that hearing takes place. If the judge's schedule/calendar is full until December, there is no way to speed up the process and have the hearing heard sooner.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.