DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

My ex wife and finalized our divorce in October 2015. We

Customer Question

My ex wife and finalized our divorce in October 2015. We sold the house and split the equity in September 2016. I lived in the house and made all payments for a year before the divorce and also had a legal separation. I just received an escrow overpayment check. The title was only in my name and the check only made out to me. Do I still owe her half?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

I presume that would be considered community property and split just as I believe the equity was in which case, she is likely entitled to half.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Even though she wasn't living in he house for 2 years while I made all the payments and have already split the equity?