Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

My ex filed a petition to adjudicate parentage and I need to

Customer Question

my ex filed a petition to adjudicate parentage and I need to know how to respond
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: TX
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

At this link is a TX form that will help you respond.

Please Note:

(1) The information provided above is general in nature and for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information. If you need or want legal advice you should consult with a local lawyer of your choice who can better guide you after reviewing all the pertinent facts and details. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and

(3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am the mother of the unborn child and have to respond to petition to adjudicate parentage ? Can I just write agree, deny or unknown on the petition ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The form that was presented seems to be more for the father and not addressing the suit.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Here is a general answer form that you can file instead. Texas does not require you to admit or deny each petition allegation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much !
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome.