Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My roommate is going through a divorce, but managed to get

Customer Question

My roommate is going through a divorce, but managed to get pregnant (and gave birth a few months ago to a little girl). They have barely started with the divorce papers. She saw a judge today and had everything ready to go as far as paperwork to get child support from the real father (he had defaulted.. never answered when she filed). The judge dismissed the case because she is still married. Oops! What order is she supposed to do things in? Does she need to just finish her divorce first, or is there a way to get child support from the father before she's divorced?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: see above
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Has she filed a paternity case against the biological father?

.

.

thanks