LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I am in post divorce and need to file a qdro I fired my

Customer Question

i am in post divorce and need to file a qdro I fired my lawyer and want to know how i can do this
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what does that mean?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

The vast majority of family law attorneys don't even prepare QDRO's for their own clients. The QDRO is the most complex document that is ever created in a divorce case and it is simply not possible for a Pro Per litigant to draft their own QDRO.

While you may certainly have the QDRO drafted, submitted to the judge for signature and serve it on the retirement plan administrator for the plan, you are going to need to either have a local family law attorney who does draft QDRO's prepare it for you, or go to an outside company that specialized in drafting of QDRO's. There are numerous companies around the US who draft QDRO's for lawyers and litigants alike, including these: http://qdrohelper.com/pricing/

and http://justdocprep.com/document-preparation-services/qdros/

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug