Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son threw a frozen chicken breast at his wife and split

Customer Question

My son threw a frozen chicken breast at his wife and split her forehead requiring stiches. She put a Temp. Restraining Order against him and he cannot go back to the house that my husband & I were renting to him. She is living there rent free with no job & no car. Can we throw her out?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: TX
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Police arrested him, charged him with family violence, and said he can't go back for 60 days. He told her he wasn't paying the utilities and she said that was okay because she would get the AG to pay them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Williamson County TX-that's seems to make a difference around here.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 17 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

So prior to this happening, they were paying you rent and now that he is no longer living there, the rent is not getting paid?