Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a sibling that coerced my father into adding her name

Customer Question

I have a sibling that coerced my father into adding her name to his account to help him pay his bills on time , she has also obtained an POA and has taken 12k from him leaving him unable to pay his bills, and she no longer comes around, takes him to his doc appt etc
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: IL
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No just looking to se if there is a potential case some her name was added to his account
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is the jist of it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Was your father declared mentally incompetent by the court prior to the sibling taking money from the father?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, after obtaining POA she took him to a Neurologist and the Neurologist has a letter on file with the Lawyers office stating he has significant cognitive decisions making skills
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am just seeking educational purposes to see if this worth pursuing

Thank you for your follow up.

How long after the POA was obtained did the doctor note the father's mental condition?

Was this issue addressed with the sibling?

How old is the father?