Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in Iowa and my exwife is asking for child support.

Customer Question

I live in Iowa and my exwife is asking for child support. Our divorce stipulations say that we share joint custody and our incomes are near equal and no child support should be payed. She moved job positions a year ago and now makes $7000 more than me a year. We pay equal for child care. What are my choices?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.