Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a divorce case for almost three years running in the

Customer Question

i have a divorce case for almost three years running in the court i am a respondent in this case my ex is defaming me on the social media and igniting my daughters against me totally to the point of insulting me on txt meassages and and
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really i am just a v successful doctor and the she is a doctor too but no more doing any thing other than trying to ruin my reputation on social media and all over family members allover
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be gjsd to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
glad
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
If your spouse is knowingly making false statements about you in an attempt to harm your reputation, then you would have grounds to sue for defamation (libel and/or slander) and seek an injunction for the defamation to stop.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have u read my question any comment
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
You could also seek money damages from the person for any documented or documentable impact the statements have had on you personally or professionally.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do u mean by false my ex is accusing me of cheating on her and keep talking about it on social media
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.
Also, the actions of your spouse could be a basis to advocate for custody of the children as it demonstrates lack of good faith.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All my daughters are adults
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

​Sorry for the delay - I lost my connection.

If the allegations against you are untrue, and she is passing them off as such, then you would have grounds to sue for damages and injunctive relief to stop the actions.