Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

Fighting back by resending the persons bullying messages

Customer Question

Fighting back by resending the persons bullying messages back to them via a post card so that their clue less family members can see the disrespect.
"You are just a farm hand and that's all you'll ever be" author ***** ***** sent to Sally Jones on March 1st 2016.
"lolololol' (written on an envelope sent via mail.....(describing someones income check of $175) and photographing the check onto the post card showing how the person mocks people.There is maliscious intent going on here so it needs to be exposed by unsuspecting family members.
I am challenging the directives of someone who is perfunctory in their actions with significant others in our circle and they have never been challeneged before as a result of their bullying nature.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it breaking the law in any way to copy disrespectful written words that someone wrote and sending them back to that person re-written on a post card in the hopes that that persons family members do some type of intervention to stop that malicious bullying person.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

No, it is not illegal at all. You would break no laws by resending the message.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
EVen if the mail would be seen by other tenants in the property and i quote the author of their statements and put their statements in quotations? Even if they are sent two three times per day in the hopes to stop their agression with their own form of abuse...with the future hope that someone gets the message.. This person is witholding their bullying from their other suspecting family members so they are clueless and not allowed to communicate.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Well, at some point sending a messages over and over to these third parties just becomes harassment, a crime. If you want to send it once, it is not illegal.

If you are subjected to this sort of behavior you can file a harassment complaint with the local police and, if you are threatened, get an order of protection.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The threats are in the tone in the form of "honey" "listen here".. or "hahahahaha"..... you can't manage a "tic tac" or "i will report you to elder protective services for your use of witch craft remedies".... your family needs conveyr-ship
Things like that while we are for the first time in our parents lives, trying to put elder care plans into place.. ...
On a side note; Does this sort of thing typically happen at this stage in elderly peoples lives?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
note; I have labwork proving amelioration of the elderly health issues while in my care ....so you know.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you know, i took more time to look closely at the personal body symptoms of the elderly which this particular person mocked as dotingx or codling...... BUT,, in my opinion calling that coddling when they go from independant to dependant is dangerous.
In the beginning it is a necessity to look a little closer to observe and understand symptoms before they become health issues. Especially identifying dehydration, elimiation and digestive strength which doctors are unable to monitor in the home the way caregivers can.
Is it enough to claim harrasment via a person trying to destabilize a family from what i just mentioned in place of perfunctory care which focuses only on entertainment and ignores or minimises placing preventive health measures?
Would this merit opening a lawsuit for harrasment if there is proof of the conflict of care i am describing in this thread between the parties?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, why would ONLY ONE message sent to the persons address be permissable? If it becomes self protection to do what ever is possible in my power to stop the harrassment and sending notices by mail to alert others of the harrasers behavior, wouldn't that be something being done in my defense?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Contact the police if you are being harassed.

It is harassment if you continually message people for the purpose of causing annoyance.

One message is fine, but if you continually message people for the purpose of annoying them then it is harassment by the definition of the offense.

You will have alerted the third parties of your harassers behavior. Continuing to message them is then only for the purposes of harassing people.