RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Our divorce filed (in California) by my ex-wife was not

Customer Question

Our divorce filed (in California) by my ex-wife was not finalized. She has re-married. She's not cooperating to complete or to finalize our divorce and I'm ready to get married myself. What should I do?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 17 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can file yourself here.It is possible her petition was dismissed if she has not moved forward with it.You file and have her served.You should not trust that she will deal with this.

If she has a valid divorce petition and case number ***** can file answer here and set the matter for trial so that you can get divorced.You do not have her to agree here, the judge will set it and divide property.

Forms and self help

If you want to sue your own lawyer, here is lawyer referral

call the State Bar of California at
(866)(###) ###-####/a>

You can move forward with this even if the ex has not followed through.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There were no properties involved. We did this ourselves back in 2003 and I gave her the money to file for the divorce. Now I have to pay again?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You would check here, and yes if she did not file here then you have to do so if you want to be divorced.

I sent you an offer for unlimited chat, am not set up for calls,You accept and we will chat until you are done.Thanks.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I file a complaint against her? She has remarried before our divorce is finalized.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Never mind. I was hoping you could help me in filing a complaint against her since she was not cooperating with the completion of the divorce. I already knew that I could file it myself to finalize it as suggested at the family court office.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I signed up for unlimited follow-up questions and you're charging me $60 to chat with you? I think it's better I talk to a lawyer in person. Thanks anyway.

You are so welcome.Let me know if you have more follow up.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Good luck with the divorce.Never trust the ex here, this is bigamy if she remarried without divorcing.