RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My son is in college and his father took him off of his

Customer Question

My son is in college and his father took him off of his health insurance. Can he be made to keep him on his insurance and pay for his tuition until he completes his degree?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Unless your settlement agreement and decree covered insurance and payment of college tuition them PA laws allows it to end at high school graduation.I am sorry I agree it was a bad thing for him to do to his child but legally it is possible to do so.Please don't shoot the messenger here.

http://pafamilylaw.foxrothschild.com/2008/01/articles/support-1/will-my-child-support-obligation-ever-end/

Now if he agreed in settlement agreement or custody orders to keep paying here that is a different story.That is enforceable by contempt.You can enroll her in medicaid or Obama care.She has had a change in circumstances that allows her to enroll now.She also likely qualifies for maximum subsidy as a college student here.She might qualify for medicaid that is even better if she can.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Thanks again if you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.