Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am divorced but started living together again a year ago.

Customer Question

I am divorced but started living together again a year ago. Had a baby since then also who lives there too. He locked us out 5 days now. Can i legally enter home and get our thingsl
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 20 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, you can. What he did is illegal. I say this because you reside there and live there and he can not simply lock you out. Whatever issues are present, need to be resolved through the court, if you can not agree and if he does not let you in, you can call the police and see if they will assist or call a lock smith and ask that they allow entry.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 17 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!