How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11724
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my appeal in regards to the Protection From Abuse

Customer Question

I lost my appeal in regards ***** ***** Protection From Abuse Order that was placed against me and the PFA will last for almost another two years.I am representing myself and need to send documentation to my ex-wife's attorney in regards ***** ***** daughters health insurance that I provide.I further would like to ask the court to allow me to write my daughter a letter once a week and send her gifts.I obviously do not want to take any action which would in any way violate the PFA, and as such do not know how I can accomplish the above.Any suggestions?Thank you.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, etc. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you a member of the Pennsylvania Bar?
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm an appellate attorney so I understand what it's like to both win and lose an appeal.

I am not. Would you rather speak with someone licensed in PA? I do represent children in NY, I"m like a GAL in your state, so I know what we do in these situations. However, that's up to you.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

If you want me to opt out and have a PA attorney answer this for you, I can do that. Your call.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you very much for your candor and honesty.I need to speak to someone who knows PA law. I have been treated incredibly unfairly by the courts and the legal establishment in PA. The horrible part of this situation, is my 8 year old daughter is the one who is being harmed by the outrageous and unjust actions being taken by the courts, as she is growing up without a dad.Thank you.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

You're most welcome. Best of luck to you.

I will list here that you are looking for a lawyer licensed in PA.

If for whatever reason you don't find one, feel free to ask for me later.


Related Family Law Questions