RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I just had a pendent lite hearing a few weeks ago and the

Customer Question

I just had a pendent lite hearing a few weeks ago and the judge ordered me to pay 663.00 in child support. Previously, I was paying 620.00 in child care expenses plus other miscellaneous things my kids needed. I am confused on do I only pay 663.00 now plus the 620.00, or do I just pay the 663.00 total. (Child care included). Please help
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I don't have the money
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My soon to be ex-wife makes more than me, but is seeking more money than expected.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 14 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You need to get a copy of the orders here to verify you only owe the $663.Normally this replaces the child care and miscellaneous expenses.But you need to verify that this was the case here.Based on what you were paying this seems like the $663 covers everything.But getting a copy of the order here protects that you are paying as ordered.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.I wish you the best here.