Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

I got a call from kingcounty sheffifs office -they sent me a

Customer Question

i got a call from kingcounty sheffifs office -they sent me a notice fir juryduty-i never got it,they said the judge has put out a order for failure to appear and contempt of court, i have a court date coming up ,could be jail time and a 1,000 fine ,do i need a lawyer ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: seattle wa.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: just the order from the judge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what will this cause, can i go to court and pay the fine,will i have to do jail time , never been arrested.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: will the judge impose jail time ???
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer.

Most likely, the JUdge just wants you to show up and give you a chance to show up for jury duty. Some Judges will give you a chance to either serve or have trial on the contempt charges. A conviction could mean up to three days in jail, a $100 fine and up to an additional $100 in court costs. If you show up for jury duty, your contempt charge would be put on the inactive docket and could later be dropped. It is possible to get up to 3 days in jail if convicted. again, it is most likely to get you to show up and teach you a lesson and you will probably not need a lawyer if this is the case.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so:

Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 days ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?