FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I just had to take a test to see if i was the father of a 15

Customer Question

Hi i just had to take a test to see if i was the father of a 15 year old girl . i new she was mine but her mother didnt want me to have any custody rites while she was lil . her mother even put unknown father on birth certifcit . I have agood payn job now and her mother found out and now wants child support . what do i haft to do to get rites and pay the least ?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 15 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If it has been established that you are the father, then you do have a legal right to file a motion with the court, asking for visitation or even custody. The mother has a right to go after you for child support BUT if you want to pay the least amount, you would ask the court to award shared custody of the child, so you each have the child 50% of the time and would then share in 50% of the costs, to care and support the child, financially.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.