socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a reply that just went out for a alter amend or

Customer Question

i have a reply that just went out for a alter amend or vacate. My judge has gotten my pay wrong several times for child support. Can you recommend a way that i can send her a updated pay stub to help her get it right?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 months ago.

You say that you "have a reply that just went out...." Please clarify:

1. Did you file the motion to alter, amend or vacate, or are you responding to the other parent's motion?

2. If you responded, then did you already send your responsive pleading to the court?

Note: A "reply" in court, is the moving party's responsive pleading to the responding party's response (i.e., motion, then response, then reply). You may already know this, but I want to make sure we're both using the same terminology.

Thanks in advance for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
actually i sent a reply. I have a new job that i sent my first full paystub along with the reply for the Judge. It was a pro se response because at this point my attorney and i agreed that it was really about the truth and documentation of those items. Yes i sent the reply out already - it may sound wierd but i want the judge to have the best information possible so if for some reason i do have to pay child support that it is calculated correctly so i dont have to go to court to have it fixed

If you reply provides new evidence, then the other party is entitled to respond to your reply. The judge can consider the evidence in your reply, as long as there is sufficient time before the hearing date. In domestic relations matters, courts usually ignore the time requirements and rule based on the evidence. So, from what you describe at this point, I don't believe you need to do anything further.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!