Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Well my wife of 20 years decided to leave the marriage back

Customer Question

Well my wife of 20 years decided to leave the marriage back in April. She has been in committed relationship since this time with another man. This is not my concern it is just an indicator that we will probably not be reconciled. We have 2 children that came from her previous marriage that have not turned 26 yet, and I would like to keep on my insurance. So divorce for the next 4 years doesn't seem to be an option. I have the house at this point, and will probably keep it. I also have my 401k. My question is basically is there a legal agreement that we can sign that would limit her rights to equity, and my retirement to be assessed at the time of seperation?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not at this time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What are you looking for? Certainly not a simple a yes or no answer.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug