How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1960
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in Indiana. My son was detained as a runaway and is

Customer Question

We live in Indiana. My son was detained as a runaway and is now a ward of the state because he ran out if the court room when the judge asked to speek to him in his chambers. I believe my son is autistic and gave told the court this which is the reason why were there. I gave been having trouble getting him to school due to panic attacks. It just doesn't seem right. Do I have a lawsuit?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

I do understand your concerns here. i do not see the basis for a lawsuit but you could appeal the judge's decision.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My son was detained as a runaway. There is no runaway law in Indiana.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

There is a definition. It looks like there is already a case opened and you have a lawyer, so you need to appeal the decision of the judge. I'm not seeing how you would file a separate lawsuit.

Related Family Law Questions