LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I am a 59 year old woman ....divorced after 27 years of

Customer Question

I am a 59 year old woman ....divorced after 27 years of marriage. My question is am I still entitled to any of my ex husbands benefits ....he is on social security disability and retirement?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good evening Sandra,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

So long as you are not remarried, you will be entitled to a spouse benefit based on your ex-husband's work record as soon as you turn age 62. Until you reach age 62 though, you won't quality for any benefit based on his work record.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Hi Sandra,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug