JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

What is the law in the State of Texas on court orders? If an

Customer Question

Hello. What is the law in the State of Texas on court orders? If an order was issued on an adult would he have the legal right to know what the order said and especially if it included some sort of limitations as well as whom issued the order?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 months ago.

As a general rule, yes. There are some exceptions such as cases using a confidential informant and in some cases psychological reports can be sealed but other than than for an order to be binding on a person they should have been notified of the order and usually they should have been served a copy of the order.

If a person was sued and defaulted by not filing an answer then they would still be bound by the order even if they claim to have never received it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you very much!

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 months ago.

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.