Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My brother has been incarcerated on a drug related offense

Customer Question

my brother has been incarcerated on a drug related offense since 2015, since his incarceration the mother of his son has denied visitation and communication to him myself and my father. I was going to file a for change in parenting time but I found out that my brother's visitation privileges are suspended because he missed a court date(he was being held at the county jail at this time awaiting arraignment). I need to know what I need to do to do so my brother is able to see his child. My nephew will be 12 this month and my brother has four more years to serve.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your family's difficulties.

Your brother (through an Attorney) and your assistance should file Motion for Reinstatement of his visitation privileges. He must tell the Court why he missed the previous Court date.

The Motion forms can be obtained at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with the case,