socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Trying to figure out what it means when it states," unfiled

Customer Question

Hi trying to figure out what it means when it states , " unfiled judgement 2336" and what I need to do
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not for this question, the divorce has been complicated, and I don't have $10k for retainer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is start
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), and I have assisted many people correctly file marital dissolution papers as part of my practice. Please permit me to assist.

"Unfiled Judgment 2336," refers to Family Code Section 2336, which provides the general requirements for the court to enter a final judgment in a dissolution. The court clerk is indicating that some of the required paperwork is missing or incorrect. Usually, you will receive a "pink" rejection sheet noting the general errors and returning your judgment paperwork.

That's about all I can tell from your information. The only way I could provide specific info would be to review the case file. If you are interested in getting this sort of personal assistance, please let me know and I will send you a premium services offer (it won't cost $10K -- or even $1K to fix your paperwork).

And, if your not interested, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!