JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I want to file for full custody of my children, I live in

Customer Question

I want to file for full custody of my children, I live in Temecula but the children live in Clovis Ca. Recently I received a call from the kids school saying my daughter misses school every other day. My son is 9 years old and failing with F's and I was unaware until I visited the school
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That my children both had scars from ring all over their body and head, I am concerned for their health and the vice principle stated her concerns also, of neglect my son also steals food from school cafeteria
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How hard is it for a father in the state of California to get custody of 2 children
Ages 6 & 9 years old ? The mother lives in Fresno California and I feel the are being neglected and are not given the care and medical attention. I am up to date on my child support but the mother has never worked a gay in her and lives with 7 people in an apartment.
My children recently were covered In Ring worm from head to toe, the children's assistant principle called me last week because my daughter 6 years old misses school every other day, my son is failing with all F's, I am very concerned for their future and want to fight for sole custody is that possible?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Despite it supposedly being equal chances for fathers and mothers, realistically there is still a slight edge in favor of the mother.

However, with the school problems and the medical problems you probably have a decent chance. A lot of that will depend on the judge you get and the lawyer you hire. You want a lawyer with a lot of experience, of course, but you want one who has courtroom experience, not just in practice for a long time. So when you are ready to hire a lawyer, ask them about the courtroom work.

If you have the funds you may also want to have the lawyer hire a private investigator to do some snooping and see what they find. It is important to have the lawyer hire them rather than you doing it because if the lawyer hires them then you aren't required to divulge that they were hired or who they were but if you hire them directly then you do have to do all of that.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I may get a chance to check back in or I may not. Regardless, I will be back online tomorrow morning so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yer I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.