Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I ask a question about my son having joint custody of his

Customer Question

I ask a question about my son having joint custody of his two children age 11 and 13.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: well this is the story. The children's mother is Bi polar and she was hospitalized almost two weeks ago for trying to kill herself with pills. This is her third attempt and has been in and out of rehab nd hospitals over the last five years.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, she called my son and told him she is ready to have the children with her. From previous times she has tried this she is in no shape to take care of them let alone herself. She has moved a man in the house three weeks after the divorce from my son and the children are not happy with her decision and the man is living with them.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?