JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

My wife and I recently separated she took my 10 year old boy

Customer Question

my wife and I recently separated she took my 10 year old boy and my 13 year old girl did not tell me where she moved but I found out they are sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with my son and daughter sharing the same room together. I also found out that there is a man sharing the 2 bedroom apartment and I don't know if my kids are ok. can there be anything done? what can a concerned father do about this? thank you.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 27 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 27 days ago.

Your solution is to file a petition regarding custody and visitation with the family court (and under these circumstances you are probably going need a lawyer) asking for custody or for visitation to be set.

The court isn't likely to be too upset about the kids sharing a room at that age but the judge will most likely be willing to grant an injunction preventing her from allowing anyone of the opposite sex or that she is engaged in a relationship with to live there without being married.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.