JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

My granddaughter was not living a Christian life and moved

Customer Question

My granddaughter was not living a Christ***** *****fe and moved in with a much older than her. He lifted her up and put her on the right path of not running around and night and running all hours of the night. He came to a family gathering and was very pleasant. I told him and her I was not for living together. As time progressed he became more and more progressive and he has demanded he to be with him all the time. He would not let her mother even go for a sonic with her around the corner o the house. I searched the man and found he had been in prison and even arrested for a prostitute ring. We fear he is grooming her for that She doesn't want to leave him but I feel he has her brain washed. Could he be arrested for holding her . She is 23 yr. old.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Her mother saw her at the gym yesterday and offered her a trac phone so she could call her if she need help but she refused. Mother also told her about him and what we were afraid he might be doing but refused.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 21 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 21 days ago.

I only see one question here but I'm sure you have more than that.

Could he be arrested for holding her?

No, not if he isn't holding her against her will. At 23 she's no longer a minor and so she is allowed to live where she wants.

Please ask your follow ups in this thread.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.