Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

My question is what are my rights as her legal parent to

Customer Question

my question is what are my rights as her legal parent to tell husband I'm taking her home, so tell your mommy thanks for baby sitting while I recovered for the attack he did to me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

If there is a temporary guardianship order, you should not do anything without having the family court adjust that order. I have just sent you a response on your other question. If you do not adjust that order, you could have kidnapping charges brought against you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I never was served with any papers. So I don't know but I have papers stating I'm her legal guardian

Well then you might want to call the police. You should have been served papers for the temporary guardianship order. It might be a lie and they might be able to make sure you get your daughter back.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's what I'm doing tomorrow

If there is no order, then the police should give your daughter back to you. Technically, the grandmother has no right to be taking care of your child.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What if she was given but I never saw or signed an emergency temp? because husband was wanted for 3 felonies and I was medically disabled

Were you unconscious?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was strangled and had multiple head trauma
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have recovered but it's been a long journey

There should have still been some sort of notice from the court to you that the temporary restraining order was issued. Like I said, your best bet is to call the police, inform them that your mother-in-law is not giving you your child, and then see if she produces the temporary custody order. If not, then you should be able to get your child back.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you I just needed the encouragement to do what I wasn't fully able to do because of my injuries. So I'm meeting him in a park tomorrow and carrying my child home. If he harasses me he will violate his probation

Like I said, you should contact the police if you do not get your child back. Please remember to provide positive feedback.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
go back to jail the 3rd time for violating the restraining order

I hope this has been helpful.

Please rate my answers 5-stars if you have found my answers helpful!