AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

I have Been married. And I had a prenup. The attorney who

Customer Question

I have Been married. And I had a prenup. The attorney who prepared it has passed away. Her attorney says that since the preparer has passed there are no witnesses to call. The prenup kept all belongings separate. She got deported in09 we were married in 06. I had an attorney get an annulment but he had someone forge the annulment agreement and now in 16 she got it over turned after returning here illegally again. Why would this prenup not hold up ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

There is nothing in the facts that you have stated that make me think the prenump would not hold up. Usually, the reasons for courts not enforcing them are if you have failed to disclose your property in the prenump, or if it is very unfair (unconscionable). The fact that the witnesses are dead wouldn't make it unenforceable.

Has this answered your question? I am happy to assist with your follow up questions.

Please kindly provide a positive rating so that I can be compensated for my time helping you with your question.