FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I sent a proposal to my husband regarding our divorce. I was

Customer Question

I sent a proposal to my husband regarding our divorce. I was going after physical custody but changed to both having joint legal custody (his 1st proposal was rediculous) how binding are proposals? If I change my mind on joint custody is it binding that I already proposed joint custody?
Submitted: 26 days ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Proposals are part of the settlement/negotiation process. The Judge would rather the parties work out issues like this, involving the children, so there is nothing wrong with proposing something and see if he will agree. If he does not agree to it or does not respond to you, you can always revoke your offer, to avoid any issues. Simply proposing an idea or thought, would not be binding, unless you actually sign an agreement.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 24 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!