JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I lost temporarily custody filed a motion to get it back my

Customer Question

I lost temporarily custody filed a motion to get it back my son is 8 but have reason to believe now that my ex is not his real father he is not on the birth certificate. Will he still have any rights
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I have a court date just don't want to be surprised
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

Has a court made a determination that he is the father?

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

An actual final order of paternity?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No he has a order to pay child support
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

Then you can challenge whether he is the father and ask for a paternity test. If it come back that he is not the father than he won't have grounds to get visitation, etc.

If you're not using a lawyer for this you probably need to consider one because the judge is going to be skeptical at this point. I've never seen one not order a paternity test when it is requested but it could happen in theory.

I am about to go offline for a little while. If you have follow up questions please ask them in this thread. If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.