Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband whom I filed for divorce from took off with our

Customer Question

My husband whom I filed for divorce from took off with our son and will not return him. We were waiting for a custody hearing. I tried to file an ex parte order which was denied. Not sure where to go from here
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Trying to find one in my area I actually want 50/50 custody but without an order my ex is refusing to return our son
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think og
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 28 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 28 days ago.

Did you file the divorce on your own? What type of ex parte order did you attempt to get? Is your ex husband still in Michigan with your son? Does your son attend daycare or school? Are you still in contact with your ex husband?

The answers to these questions will really help me help you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I did thinking it would be simple and now he is upset. An ex parte order regarding custody. Yes still in Michigan. No school or day care but he is non verbal and Autistic. Yes I am still in contact and he is continually sending me taunting messages regarding him having our son. The divorce was filed less than two weeks ago.