Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son is divorced and has 50/50 custody of his two children

Customer Question

My son is divorced and has 50/50 custody of his two children here in Denver. My question is, his wife is bi-polar and has tried two times while they were married to kill her self with pills. She was in the hospital twice and in rehab twice for alcohol addiction.
She just tried again last week to kill herself again with pills. She was in the hospital and released back to her home. I'm trying to find out if my son can go for full custody of the children. I find it an unstable household for them to go back to. He has had them for three weeks and they go home this week or next. They are 13 and 11 years old and have no clue that she has done this. What do you suggest.
Diane
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 months ago.

The first suggestion is to get a new lawyer.

Did the lawyer give a reason he believed the court wanted the children with the mother?