FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I live in Jefferson County, Colorado. I am in a Child

Customer Question

I live in Jefferson County, Colorado. I am in a Child Custody court case with a mother who is addicted to prescription drugs. She has been stealing them from me and has Falsely accused me of being a Credible Threat to my children. Is there any way for us to both submit to a Drug Test?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 22 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, there is. If there is evidence of suspected drug use, the Judge can order that both parties submit to a drug test. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the children, so if you can show that she uses drugs and it impairs and effects her ability to care for the children, the Judge can certainly order this. You can advise the Judge that she is stealing your drugs and abusing them and it effects her caring for the kids and if she wants custody, should submit to random drug testing.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 19 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!