How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 23426
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in jail His family is homeless. No one is working.

Customer Question

My son is in jail His family is homeless. No one is working. What are the chances of me getting custody of my grandchildren ages 5&3?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Where are the children now?

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Where is the mother?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The mother & children are living with her parents.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Living in her parents home?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
This has happened before & her parents have made it clear that they don't have room
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Thank you. A Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the children, when deciding custody. As such, you can petition the court and try and obtain custody of them but you are going to need to show that the father is unfit and not capable of caring for them or able to provide for them and meet their basic needs. If you can show this then you do have a good chance. A Judge is going to want to keep the children with their mother BUT if she is unable to care and provide for them, will not allow them to remain and can allow another family member to step in and take care of them.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 26 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 23 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions