Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am the owner of a business here in the USA. One of my

Customer Question

I am the owner of a business here in the USA. One of my employees was ordered to pay child support in Puerto Rico. He is only left with 200.00 a month to live on. He needs someone to help him get his support payments lowered so he doesn't have to live in a junk trailer in a junk yard. He does not speak English too well but he is like our family and he is trying so hard to make it here in the US. He does not know where to get help because of the language situation. We want to try to help him.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He lives Orlando, Fl. Our office is in Zephyrhills, Fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: All I know is we received child support orders from Puerto Rico for with holding from his pay check
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the attorney needs to speak his language.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that we cannot represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by state laws and site rules. You must get him an attorney in Puerto Rico to seek to lower his support payments and you can get one at the same sites used by other attorneys, or