Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

My son just took a deal to domestic violence towards his

Customer Question

My son just took a deal to domestic violence towards his son's mother in order to escape a felony and because he knows the law is biased to women. Women are almost always believed. Will he ever get any kind of custody of his two year old son who he loves deeply and has never hurt in any way?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but generally, while conviction of domestic violence does not always prevent a parent from obtaining child custody, such conviction, especially if the domestic violence was toward the other parent, would be heavily considered by the court during child custody proceedings, and can in fact make it much more difficult for a parent who has such conviction to obtain residential custody of the child.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 25 days ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 20 days ago.