How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11623
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court order for child support stating that my

Customer Question

I have a court order for child support stating that my support ends when my son either turns 18 or graduates from high school, whichever is later. My son will turn 18 in March 2017 and he graduates on June 10, 2017. I have two questions. First, do I need to go to court to put an end to support? Doesn't seem so, as the Order is very clear, but I've heard of people having to do this. My second question is this: If he graduates on June 10, it seems that I should only need to pay 1/3 of the amount for that month, not the entire amount. Which is correct?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Do you pay support directly to the other parent?

Related Family Law Questions