Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have a court order for child support stating that my

Customer Question

I have a court order for child support stating that my support ends when my son either turns 18 or graduates from high school, whichever is later. My son will turn 18 in March 2017 and he graduates on June 10, 2017. I have two questions. First, do I need to go to court to put an end to support? Doesn't seem so, as the Order is very clear, but I've heard of people having to do this. My second question is this: If he graduates on June 10, it seems that I should only need to pay 1/3 of the amount for that month, not the entire amount. Which is correct?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 25 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you pay support directly to the other parent?