Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son is divorced and my ex daughter-in-law is rejecting me

Customer Question

My son is divorced and my ex daughter-in-law is rejecting me to being around my grandchildren because she thinks I assaulted my son when he was small. This is not true. My son has told her that as well. What can I do to clear up this matter. This is damaging my character with my grandchildren?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYFamilyLawyer replied 24 days ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer, former trial lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues and other legal issues. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of our discussion I’m going to ask you to rate me, okay? I’d appreciate it because this is the only way we get credit for our time here today. It is at no extra cost to you.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. You are advised to retain your own attorney.

If I’m back not here right away, I’m typing my answer. Thanks!

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. This is very common so we need to help you with this. Each state has laws on the books about what a grandparent can and cannot do after the other parent won't let the grandparent see the children.

I'll be right back. Thanks.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is***** notice that your question was a couple days ago and the lawyer that took it just opted out. Do you still need assistance with this issue?