How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steven K. Your Own Question
Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2373
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Steven K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know form numbers i need to file in cass county

Customer Question

I need to know form numbers i need to file in cass county Nebraska
1. Complaint to register a foreign judgment
2. Complaint to modify custody and support
3. Waiver of citation
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

There are no forms with those names. There is a form with a different name that is intended for registering a foreign judgment, but not the names you provide. The modification forms are not statewide templates either. What are you seeking with a "waiver of citation?"

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Those are the names i got from the atty in omaha ne. The ex wife is not fighting
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The divorce and original custody took place in tx. Need to transfer to the kids current county then file for custody and change support
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

Here is the form for registering a foreign order in Nebraska District Court. The others would be pleadings you have to prepare from scratch. Does anybody still live in Texas?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

And how long have you been in Nebraska?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They have been there 2yrs..
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

Ok. So there's no question that Nebraska has jurisdiction at this point, although Texas can claim jurisdiction until Nebraska asserts jurisdiction in a court case. The Waiver of Citation would only apply if the other party is waiving the requirement that s/he be served with the court papers. Is that the case?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Steven K. replied 9 months ago.

Well, like the modification documents, that's not a pre-created form - it must be drafted by you or by a lawyer.