Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I requested that my daughter stop receiving Psychologgical

Customer Question

I requested that my daughter stop receiving Psychologgical services from school district. I was told this needed to happen in an ARD, however I have paperwork that states I can discontinue at any time. Both parents attended the ARD and they documented in the minutes that we agree to continue services. I did not sign the informed consent however I have now withdrawn services. The meeting minutes also reflect "All teachers agree..." however all teachers on the attendance record weren't even in the room. School refuses to correct the document. What can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your next step is to inform the school that you will file a complaint to the Texas Board of Education regarding their refusal to correct the records and will pursue your complaint through them. The Texas Board of Education has the final say on these matters, so if the school refuses to correct the records, you file your complaint with them together with your proof of what happened and ask them to order the records corrected and also order that your child stop receiving services you do not agree for her to receive.