Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am expecting to be served in the next few days with a

Customer Question

I am expecting to be served in the next few days with a motion, by Plaintiff (my former spouse) on issues relating to a JOD filed 10 years ago. Plaintiff has issues with a Commercial Property which remains for sale for the past 10 years and although she received a large cash settlement at the time of the Divorce she is now making a motion for Alimony claiming that I have increased my Earned Income since 2006.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No. I am seeking a few answers prior to responding to the Motion
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I am 72 years old, on Social Security and remarried.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 28 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You've provided everything but your questions. What are your questions?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.