Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My girlfriend was born and raised in Santa Monica California

Customer Question

My girlfriend was born and raised in Santa Monica California when she was born she was adopted now that she's trying to get a passport she is 60 years old they are denying her and want medical records when she was a child those are hard and impossible to get and she does have her driver's license way back till she was sixteen do you have any ideas
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
She will need to obtain a copy of her birth certificate I am afraid from vital records. If she cannot obtain a copy from vital records, which would show the adoption information or if the US passport agency will not accept the birth certificate she has (Driver's license is not sufficient) then she will need to have an attorney to file a suit in court to have the court declare her proof citizenship and birth records valid and with that court order US Passport agency will issue the passport.