Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have had a judgement rendered on a divorce. It has been a

Customer Question

I have had a judgement rendered on a divorce. It has been a particularly contentious divorce. In the judgement i received joint custody, however there are some issues that i believe were overlooked. My attorney and i provided a alter, amend or vacate. My ex- and her attorney had a response which there were several serious attempts to basically fabricate testimony that did not exist in our divorce trial. My attorney and i agreed that really at this point i could draft a reply pointing these issues out - my stance has been to simply quote and provide the time from the DVD of the trial showing that they were lying. IN fact there has been a lot of dishonesty on their part so i crafted a reply where i asked the judge to hold them in contempt for purjury -Initially the pre- rulings stated that they granted me a reply to their response. I wanted to get additional time ( though i was mostly done) however i was denied this extra time. I was surprised to receive yesterday a denial of the reply - i was concerned that this was in error. IF this was not in error what are my options? Should i then craft a separate motion to the court regarding this? If so i am concerned about timeframe . Thank you . By the way this is in KY family court ( jefferson county)
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

You have some options. You can appeal to the higher court or file a motion for new trial. The motion for new trial would go before the same judge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Asad. I just found out that the judge's assistant is actually going to get the order and have a motion to have it read by the judge- i guess they misunderstood what i was asking for .

That would be optimal as the options I outlined could be costly and long.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.