Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I, my question is the father to my 2 daughter's moved to

Customer Question

I my name is ***** ***** question is the father to my 2 daughter's moved to Florida to avoid paying child support. I am in Pennsylvania and the court order is in Pennsylvania so I didn't think because he moved out of state they weren't going to be able to track them down but I'm starting to think that might not be the case I do have friends I have a out-of-state cases but it doesn't seem like they're having such a hard problem as I am doesn't work on the book which is a big problem I understand I believe he subcontract four companies you have his mom's address which I know he was staying at which I think he still is he does stay at hotels if the job is further then he wants to travel so they put them up in hotels well guess what my question is how do I get the warrant transfer to Florida and my number two question is do I have to go by the guidelines of Pennsylvania of how much he has to pay or do they go by Florida. When he first moved to Florida he did have Florida driver's license because up here they had dropped my case without my knowledge due to the fact that I couldn't apprehend him which I never heard of what I went there a a woman told me my case was dropped and asked me if I wanted to reopen it and I told her I wasn't aware it was dropped but yes I would like to reopen it I guess that's when they suspended his Florida driver's license why they don't or can't suspend his Contracting license in Florida are track him down somehow I'm a question is is there anything I can do I mean he's making very good money and my children kinda did get accustomed to that and now we're struggling not that I'm not working but it's easier with two incomes I'm sure you know but thank you I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Under the full faith and credit clause to the U.S. Constitution, a PA child support order is valid and collectible in Florida. There are two ways to do this. One is to file the court order in the Florida courts and ask them to issue a new, Florida order. This is called domesticating, and any Florida family law lawyer could do it if you don't want to have to take time off work and away from your children to help collect it. The other option is to contact Child Support Enforcement. Talk to PA enforcement, let them know the father is in Florida, and see if they can contact Florida on your behalf, or if they want you to do it. Once the state is involved, they have the ability to cancel his driver's license or contractor's license, and even his passport, but they have to be helping you collect first.

The child support calculation is based on the law of the state that enters the order (which is usually where the children live). However, you're allowed to file a Motion for Modification any time the father's income increases significantly over what it was when the order was first entered.

http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/setting-3966/file-3887.pdf?cb=6ec3e4

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any other questions about this?