Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

I'm representing myself for a trial, how do I develop a

Customer Question

I'm representing myself for a trial, how do I develop a powerful theme for my case?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today. What type of case is it? Are you the Plaintiff or Defendant?

Regardless of whether you are the Plaintiff or the Defendant, a theme should be very persuasive. As a trial lawyer, I tend to look at things that you see in everyday life or on television or in the movies - the things that motivate people to do what they do. Examples would include, jealousy, greed, love, hate, etc. But of course, it depends on what kind of case is involved. The theme should be simple and motivate a judge or juror. The theme should be used in the opening, direct, cross-examination and closing. It is a good idea to repeat the words that bring home your theme. Just like advertising, repetition is key. Here is an article by The Advocates, that discusses the use of powerful themes. It is called:

Conveying a Powerful Theme: The Secret to Inspiring Judges, Jurors and Arbitrators. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Did you have any other questions? I hope things are going well for you. If you don't require anything further, please don't forget to rate me 5 stars so that I may receive credit from the site for helping you. Take care!