Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My parental rights were not terminated but taken away by

Customer Question

My parental rights were not terminated but taken away by cps, my child's father has him . What steps do I make to get my parental rights back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Before you will have any chance of getting back custody of your children, you will need to show that you have corrected any problem(s) that led to losing custody, such as: Alcohol or drug abuse, Physical abuse or neglect,

Other safety issues in your home. Your lawyer and the child custody evaluator can help you identify solutions, such as: Complete an addiction program, take parenting classes, go to counseling, Repair your home.

Once you have addressed the issues, you may have a reevaluation.

Everything you do at this time should show the court that you are a responsible person who cares about your children. You should: Attend all hearings about your case, Abide by the current custody arrangement, even if you are not allowed to see your children, and if and when you have visitation, return your children on time.

In short, do not give the courts, or your children's current custodian, any reason to doubt your suitability as a parent. Your sole purpose in life if you want you child back should be to do everything to show you are a stable person and suitable to take back you children. You should retain an attorney if you don't already have one and eventually you will petition the court for the court to grant you supervised visitation then hopefully eventually petition for joint custody. It is more difficult to get your child back because the other parent has custody and you should hope to slowly get back visitation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.